For those who use tools regularly, the weight and feel of the hammer can make a big difference in comfort, precision and fatigue. This year, the new Crescent Fiberglass Rip Claw Hammer is our pick for Father's Day. It feels and performs like a much more expensive tool – a detail that will be much appreciated by both professional and do-it-yourself users. This Crescent hammer is available in two weights (16 oz and 20 oz). Its fiberglass handle is covered with a molded nylon jacket to resist overstrike breakage, and it has been factory balanced for more control and striking power. The rip claws are ideal for pulling nails and both hammers are incredibly reasonably priced.
Why We Like It:
- Magnetic nail starter
- Creates greater comfort and less fatigue
- Rip claws are designed to pull nails efficiently
- Factory balanced for maximum striking power
- Ergonomically-designed handle with a non-slip flared foot
- Entire head is clear coat lacquered for corrosion resistance
- Nylon-jacketed solid fiberglass core resists breakage due to overstrike
- Permabond® construction between the head and handle (virtually indestructible!)
- Natural forged finish with contrasting polished strike face, poll, cheek pads, and claw
Most anyone even somewhat familiar with tools knows the Crescent® brand, (think adjustable Crescent wrench). As one of the largest hand tool manufacturers in the world, it's a brand we feel confident in. The Crescent line has actually expanded beyond adjustable wrenches to include a wide selection of mechanics hand tools and tool sets.
Where to Find the Crescent Fiberglass Rip Claw Hammer:
Both the 16-ounce model (SKU #11419C) and the 20-ounce version (SKU #11418C) are available at The Home Depot stores nationwide.
Looking for other premium hand tools from a trusted brand? Visit www.crescenttool.com.
Connect with Crescent:
Disclaimer: These hammers have been provided by Crescent® for the purposes of review. As always, our posts are our own, honest opinions.