One solution we felt comfortable trying was the Electronic Flowtron Insect Killer. Based on the size of our backyard, we went with the model that protects up to 1 acre of land, but they offer a few different models, depending on yard size.
Why We Like It
The Flowtron Insect Killer (Model BK-40D) is very easy to use and maintenance-free once you've got it situated in your yard. Just plug it in and add the optional Octenol attractant, then you're good to go! We prefer no-fuss systems, so this is a big plus for us. It protects us against flying insects in a chemical-free way, since the bugs fall to the ground and are reabsorbed into the ecosystem. It also costs only pennies a day to operate and comes with a two-year limited warranty. The lantern style design fits our decor well and we're thinking of purchasing the Flowtron security pole to hang it near our lanai. It also doubles as security lighting!
Visit the Flowtron site to find the insect protection that's right for you.
- Easy bulb replacement - no tools required
- Patented, high efficiency, non-clogging killing grid
- Transformer powered Vertical Rod killing grid system
- One 40 watt high intensity ultraviolet, (black light), bulb BF-190
- USDA tested Octenol attractant, a proven mosquito lure - FREE 30 day cartridge
- Rugged, weatherproof polycarbonate construction; will not rust, crack or fade
- Avoids the continuing expense and inconvenience of chemical insecticides
- UL and CSA listed.
- Assembled unit size: 9-3/4" L. x 9-3/4"W x 16-1/2" H
- Carton size: 10-1/4"L x 10-1/4"W x 16-1/2"H
- Shipping weight: 7 lbs.
Disclaimer: This product was provided by Flowtron for review purposes. As always, our posts are our own, honest opinions.