Looking for a new twist on traditional potato pancakes? We substituted the usual sour cream ingredient for Heluva Good Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onion Sour Cream Dip to create a gourmet style breakfast! We used an entire container, but adjust the taste to fit your own flavor palette.
Time: 25 minutes
2-3 Russet potatoes
1 container of Heluva Good Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onion Sour Cream Dip
1/2 c. All Purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1. Peel and grate potatoes.
2. Drain any excess liquid from the potatoes.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
4. Add potatoes, Heluva Good sour cream, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
5. Mix together well.
6. Heat oil in a large skillet. Drop tablespoon size potato mixture into oil, adding more oil as needed.
7. Flatten potato pancakes to desired thickness and cook on each side until golden brown.
8. Line a plate with two paper towels. Place potato pancakes on paper towels to drain any excess grease.
9. Allow potatoes to cool and enjoy!