With yet another cold snap in the DC area, we had a craving for warm cookies over the weekend. Something about baking cookies makes the house feel cozier! My husband whipped up his delicious chocolate chip walnut cookies that take no time at all to make and they turned out fantastic! Feel free to try the recipe for yourself. :)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 pinches salt (about ¼ teaspoon)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter slightly in the microwave, then add melted butter, white sugar, and brown sugar to mixing bowl and mix well.
- Beat the egg in separate bowl and add in vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add beaten egg, vanilla, and dissolved baking soda to the batter in the mixing bowl. Add two pinches of salt.
- Add flour, nuts, and chocolate chips to batter.
- Use a large spoon to put batter onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until cookie edges are lightly browned.
- Remove and let cool briefly,
- Serve and enjoy!