I'm always looking for ways to turn leftover ingredients into new meals for my family. One of our tried and true favorites is a quick and easy Asian soup that requires ingredients we commonly use in other dishes. It's always nice to find ways to avoid waste! (We also love this soup as a comfort food when we're saddled with a cold.)
- 1 box of chicken broth
- 8-10 baby carrots
- 6-8 white mushrooms
- 3-4 servings of rice sticks
- 2-3 green onions
- salt to taste
- Boil chicken broth on medium heat.
- Slice baby carrots and add to broth.
- Remove stems of mushrooms, slice, and add to broth. Allow vegetables to boil until tender.
- Add rice sticks and remove from heat.
- Slice green onions into 1/8 inch pieces and add to broth.
- Allow soup to sit, so that rice sticks can soak for 6-10 minutes, depending on how tender you prefer the noodles. (Most Asian soups are served on the al dente side, but we prefer to soften our noodles more.)
- Add salt to preference. Laddle soup into bowls and enjoy!