With Thanksgiving approaching soon, we've started our trial run of fabulous desserts to serve our guests! Since we've decided to stick with a 'Decadence on a Diet' theme, our desserts have got to be low calorie without sacrificing taste. My husband requested a pumpkin mousse this year, which is very easy to adjust if you're looking for a low calorie option to the original. Even better, you can prepare it the night before and let it chill in the refrigerator until party time. My official taste testers gave it a try after dinner and gave it the seal of approval for our Thanksgiving dessert table this year. Give it a try!
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 15 oz can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cold 1% milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 graham crackers, crushed
- In a large bowl or KitchenAid Mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, pudding mix, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gradually beat in the milk. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each ramekin. Sprinkle crushed graham crackers over mousse.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!