- Looking for a summery pasta, sans spaghetti sauce? We love this Rotini and Veggie Aglio Olio! It's a simple and easy alternative to heavy tomato sauces.
Prep/Cook Time: approximately 20 minutes
- 2 cups rotini
- 1/4 sweet white onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt (to taste)
- black ground pepper (to taste)
- 8-10 halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups olive oil
- 8-10 halved white cap mushrooms
- 1 medium size, thickly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot to boil, adding 2 tbsp of salt and the rotini to the water. Cook according to pasta package directions.
2. Place 1/2 cup of oil in a large skillet and heat on medium-low. When ready, toss in onion, garlic and zucchini slices and cook on each side for approximately 3 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Add tomato and mushroom halves, seasoning with salt and peper to taste. Turn heat down if necessary. Cover skillet and allow veggies to cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. When pasta is ready, drain water and place rotini back in pot. Add the cooked veggies from the skillet, using any remaining juices that are in the pan.
5. Add remaining 1 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese to pot and stir evenly.
6. Place in serving bowls, sprinkling the remaining parmesan cheese over each dish. Add additional salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!