It's that time of year! The new school year is quickly approaching, which means busy schedules and often little time to plan and prepare meals...let alone healthy ones. Though the start of a school year often brings a wealth of excitement, the thought of packing daily lunches for our kids can seem like a daunting task.
By now many of you know that we are fans of Jennie-O products for the healthier meat options (turkey is a leaner and high in protein to keep kids full longer) and great recipes offered on their website. Well, leave it to them to have developed a handy online resource for parents filled with “How To”s and easy-to-make recipes for even the pickiest of eaters. Some of our favorites that we plan to make to get the first few weeks under our belts are turkey tacos to-go and the five minute Mediterranean salad because they are so easy to whip up. Take some time to check out the site to see which recipes will make your family happy and ease meal time stress as we get in the groove of the new school year.
Five Minute Mediterranean Salad
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup chopped cucumber
- ⅓ cup chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 2 JENNIE-O® Cracked Pepper Turkey Sticks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Add vinaigrette to a pint jar or container of your choice. Layer chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, turkey and feta cheese.
- Place the top on your container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour into a bowl and toss or mix right in the container and eat as is! Enjoy!
Check out the Jennie-O site for Nutritional Details!
**This recipe has been posted with permission from Jennie-O.