Spring is here and the weather is finally warming up! With May just around the corner, we're getting excited to think about planning a Memorial Day party. Crunchmaster Crackers has a new recipe that looks so delicious, we decided to give it a dry run to see if it meets the challenge of healthy AND delicious. It absolutely does! I'm not sure I would have thought about avocado and eggplant together, but the flavors compliment each other really well. This time around we used the Crunchmaster Original Multi-Seed Crackers, which added a great texture and taste. I think we might try the Roasted Garlic Crunchmaster Crackers for some added kick, because I'm suck a garlic fanatic. All in all, it's really easy and I like the idea of having something a little fancier and intriguing for our guests!
- 1 cup coarsely ground Crunchmaster® Original MultiSeed Crackers
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 23 green chilies, chopped
- 23 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger 1 large onion, finely sliced
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 lb. round green Thai eggplant, sliced lemon juice to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. When it becomes hot, add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add green chilies, garlic, ginger, onion and turmeric powder. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add eggplant and salt; stir continuously on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and coarsely ground Crunchmaster® Crackers; immediately remove from heat.
- Let the stir fry cool; add sliced avocado before serving. Enjoy! **For a spicier dish, feel free to add 1 tsp. of red chili powder.