Every once in a while I impulse buy random things from the grocery store without any idea what I plan to do with them. This week's cucumbers fall into just this category. Since I was really at a loss on what to do with them, provided I had little left in the kitchen, the idea of trying tzatziki sauce came to me. This is one of the easiest, almost fail proof recipes, yet people are always impressed to hear that it's home-made when I serve it at parties. Maybe it's the name that makes it seem so fancy!
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of Light Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of dill
- salt and pepper to taste (I use 1/2 tsp of each)
- 3-4 cucumbers of at least medium size
1. In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt and Light Sour Cream.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Pour olive oil mix into the small bowl of Greek yogurt and sour cream and whisk together.
4. Add dill and mix throughout.
5. Slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch round slices. (I prefer to use the mandolin because it's so fast.)
6. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
Have some sauce left over? Use it with lamb, vegetables, or pita bread, too. Enjoy!