Most people are probably familiar with Borax as a laundry booster to soften hard water and create more effective detergents. But did you know that it has a plethora of other uses? My husband and I had read about how effect Borax can be in cleaning the bathroom, so we decided to put it to the test. Check out the results below!
What We Did
Using one of our cleaning cloths, we wet the cloth and sprinkled a little Borax on top. We wiped down our ceramic shower walls, tile floors, tub, sink, and outer toilet. The hard water deposits in our shower wiped away very easily and smoothly. I generally have to put a lot more elbow power into cleaning our shower, but it was much easier with a little Borax. Our tub, sink, and toilet wiped clean easily as well and we could easily see how much dirt was removed when we looked at the cloth. Because of our water, we often get a pink ring around our tub and sink. It can be a battle to scrub it away, but we found it relatively easy using Borax. One worry I had was that Borax may scratch our tub and sink, but it was just as gentle as any other multi-purpose cleaners we have used in the past. I love the idea of using something all-natural to clean one of the most important rooms in our house in terms of cleanliness! Even better, Borax is much more economical than our usual brand of cleaner. My husband was most impressed with how white our grout looks on our bathroom floor. As a final challenge, we used Borax on the inside of our toilet bowl, tossing in about 1/4 cup in the toilet bowl and swirling it around. Seems to be clean and odor free!
Other All-natural, affordable 20 Mule Team Borax Uses:
- Laundry Booster-Detergents work better in “soft water.” Borax naturally softens hard water making almost all detergents more effective.
- Kitchen-scratch-free cleaning throughout the kitchen
- Dishes, pots, and pans-remove grime and add shine
- Dishwasher detergent boosting-reduces spots and film on dishes and glasses
- Multi-purpose cleaning-deodorize mattresses
- Odor Control- add Borax to humidifiers
- Carpet cleaning-use Borax in carpet steamers
- Bathrooms-brighten grout and tile and get rid of tough grime
- Pets-eliminate pet odor
- Arts and crafts- preserve fresh-cut flowers permanently
- Candlewicks- helps reduce ash and eliminate smoke problems
- Ant Killer-get rid of ant infestations
Enter below to win one box of Borax to use in your own spring cleaning! You must be an Across the Avenue Follower to qualify for this giveaway. Not a member yet? Click on the link on the right side of the page!
Disclaimer: As always, our reviews are our own, honest opinions and may differ from yours. We appreciate Borax and Purex Insiders for allowing us to review this product.