Like most households, the Spring season means a major deep-clean for the home. As much work as it takes to scrub the house from top to bottom, we absolutely love the fresh feeling afterward. We know that deep cleaning an entire home can be overwhelming, so we're sharing a few tips and 'must-have' items to make it a easier.
1. Stock Up on Supplies
It's important to have the proper cleaning supplies to effectively clean your home. Toss out any old mops, brooms, sponges, etc. Not only are these less effective, they often breed germs and bacteria. Besides, there's something about cleaning with brand new products that makes the process a little more fun! We've put a list together of 'must-have' items that we find super effective and easy to use...
- Cleaning the Floors
- Mr. Clean Dust and Mop - We love this pivoting microfiber duster and mop combo for our wood floors. The dust side attracts dust, pet hair, and debris. The mop side cleans our wood and ceramic tile floors.
- Mr. Clean Double Bucket - The divider in this bucket allows you to separate clean and dirty water as you clean. It has a recessed grip on the bottom of the bucket for easy pouring.
- Mr. Clean Deluxe Corn Broom - This extra large, 5 sew broom with corn bristles provides strong resistance for sweeping our porches, lanai, garage, walkways and driveway.
- Cleaning the Kitchen and Bathrooms
- Dawn Fillable Kitchen Brush - This is fantastic for cleaning dishes. The push button soap delivery system allows soap to pass directly onto cleaning surface.
- Dawn Pot & Pan Brush - We use this to clean pots & pans as well as our oven racks, grill and grilling utensils. The copper bristles are really strong and the ergonomic design helps with the scrubbing.
- Dawn Handi Scrub & Storage Dish - This dish holds liquid soap to dip the scrubber into while cleaning. The rigged bottom allows the Handi Scrub to rest atop of the liquid when not in use. The Poly Mesh is great for lighter cleaning and the Steel Mesh will tackle the tougher jobs.
- Dawn Platinum Kitchen Gloves - Any time you are working with cleaning products, you should wear gloves! We like these thick reusable kitchen gloves with a seamless cotton liner and textured grip.
- Dawn Heavy Duty Scrubber Sponges - Fantastic to use on tough kitchen messes and stuck-on food. We also use these to scrub and wash our patio furniture. Scrub with one side, then flip to the other side for a gentle wash.
- Dawn Non-Scratch Scrubber Sponges - While these are ideal for use on non-stick, dishes, pots and pans, countertops and coffee mugs, we also like to use them in the bathroom. The triangle shape helps to get into tight spaces.
- Mr Clean Microfiber Cloth for Stainless Steel - Marks on our stainless steel appliances drive me absolutely crazy. This microfiber cloth removes fingerprints, smears, oils, and smudges from stainless steel appliances and is also machine washable.
- Cleaning the Vents
- Mr. Clean Appliance Vent Brush - Built-up dust on appliance vents can cause them wear out early. Though often overlooked, keeping the vents clean can prolong appliance life. This brush removes lint and fuzz on refrigerators, washers, dryers, heating and air-conditioning vents.
Before my husband and I start cleaning, we create a list and claim a starting point. After we complete our task, we go back to the list, cross it off and pick a new one. This 'divide and conquer' approach helps to get things done quickly and offers a sense of accomplishment as things are crossed off the list.
3. Tackle your Home in Sections
Cleaning one room at a time can keep you focused on the task at hand, ultimately getting things done quicker. Moving from room to room with one product, such as cleaning all of the counters in the house at once can get tiresome and may cause you to forget a task or two in each room. It's also very motivating to finish an entire section of the home and the sense of accomplishment can be an energizer!
Butler Home Products has generously offered to giveaway every cleaning supply listed above to one lucky Across the Avenue reader! Win the opportunity to stock up on the supplies listed above to deep clean your own home inside and out. Enter the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win. Must be a US resident, 18 years of age or older. No P.O. Boxes permitted for shipping.
Check out the full list of Butler Home Products here.
Disclaimer: The products in this post were provided by Butler Home Products. As always, our posts are our own, honest opinions and may differ from yours.