This season, we're hosting more holiday parties and family gatherings than usual. That said, we consider the food and beverage menu extra important to satisfy our guests! We have a pretty solid list of festive cocktails, but we have been looking for a great cider to add to our spread.
This year, we're going with Crispin Cider Co. ciders. They add a nice, light option for our friends and family and their a great alternative to beer. The ciders are naturally fermented using raw, unpasteurized juice from fresh-pressed apples and pears grown in Washington and Oregon. The flavors and aromatic notes are so fruity that the real juice taste comes through well.
Three Delicious Flavors:
- Crispin Original: fruit-forward green apple flavor with a light citrus aroma
- Appearance: clear, straw-like color
- Aroma: crisp green apple, clean bright citrus notes of lemon and lime
- Taste: crisp apple, slight cream of lemon, hint of lemongrass
- Mouthfeel: crisp effervescent snap, slightly creamy mouth-coating
- Finish: apple resonates briefly, short linger
- 5% ABV, certified gluten-free
- Crispin Pacific Pear: fresh pear flavor with subtle woodiness
- Appearance: medium straw, no head retention, slightly effervescent
- Aroma: fresh ripe pears, floral notes, hint of stone fruit, slight earthiness
- Taste: ripe pear, slight woodiness, subtle stone fruit or pear skin tartness
- Mouthfeel: softly effervescent, light bodied
- Finish: ripe pear, pectin tones
- 4.5% ABV, certified gluten-free
- Crispin Bourbon Char: thoroughbred cider full of Kentucky character with a touch of smoke and brown sugar sweetness
- made with racked apple-wine, matured in bourbon casks and finished with smoked maple syrup; limited release!
- Appearance: cloudy, golden sunflower color
- Aroma: strong bourbon, oaky with faint hickory sweetness
- Taste: strong bourbon characters, apple, brown sugar, smoky char, slight oaky astringency
- Mouthfeel: Silky, mouthwatering acidity and tannic drying notes of oak
- Finish: lasting edges of bourbon with quick finish of smoke and sweet apple
- 6.9% ABV, certified gluten-free
My husband especially loves the Crispin Bourbon Char. We know our guests are going to love all of them and we even plan to serve the lighter ciders for our family brunch party. They'll be unique fruity additions to our typical adult beverage options. Feel free to check out the Crispin Cider Co. website to find a retailer in your area.
Disclaimer: We are appreciative to Crispin Cider Co. for allowing us to sample their products. As always, our reviews are our own, honest opinions and may differ from yours.