When it comes to skincare, I'm really careful about the products I choose and the ingredients they contain. Likewise, I take particular care in gifting or recommending skincare products to others. To fight the cystic acne and scarring I've dealt with for years, I feel like I've tried every product under the sun. Lots of unfulfilled promises of lighter, brighter skin and scar improvement later, I was at a loss. Having lived in the D.C. metro area at the time, I had some of the best dermatologists in the country at my fingers tips. Despite the high cost of a consultation and the MUCH higher cost of any procedures (most of these doctors don't take insurance), it was time to invest the money and take advantage of the opportunity to receive high quality help. A few procedures and product recommendations later, I came away with one particular skincare product that I have used for years and recommend to everyone. It's called DCL Sunscreen and it's AMAZING.
For the holiday season, I love stuffing stockings with DCL Super Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50, but this year, I'm adding a few extra surprises! I had the opportunity to give a few other DCL products a try and find them just as incredible as the sunscreen. Check them out below:
What it is: An incredibly lightweight, fast absorbing and versatile broad spectrum sunscreen with an elegantly translucent, immaculate matte finish. 75 Ml / 2.5 Fl.Oz: $50
Key Ingredients: Ultra-Micronized Zinc Oxide, Sugar Cane And Maize, Vitamin C, Essential Fatty Acids, Coenzyme Q10
- Powerful UVA/UVB protection
- Primes skin for makeup application
- Lightweight, fast absorbing, matte finish
- Evens out skintone to fight past sun damage
- Safeguards skin from the sun and environmental damage
- Moisturizes, softens and helps prevent dehydration
- Green Tea and Aloe soothe and calm inflamed/irritated skin
- Contains Ultra-Micronized Zinc Oxide (10.5%)
What it is: A detoxifying deep cleaning volcanic mask that intensely treats breakouts, loosens blackheads and puts over-abundant oil in check with natural clays. 50 ml / 1.7 fl.oz: $50
Key Ingredients: Mineral Rich Clays, Lentil Seed Extract, Natural Peppermint Oil, Tea Tree Oil, PhyticAcid, Sulfur, Activated Volcanic Ash
What I Love About It:
- Soothes irritated skin and reduces large pores
- Exfoliates to unclog pores and refine texture
- Prevents dehydration and improves discoloration
- Natural Peppermint Oil cools, refreshes and absorbs oil
- Treats breakouts, loosens blackheads and helps oily skin
- Draws out toxins and impurities protects against free radical damage
- Sulfur helps clear blemishes, prevent future breakouts and unclog pores
What it is: An ultra-concentrated clinically proven anti-acne treatment powered by Salicylic Acid that helpsclear breakouts while preventing future blemishes.15 ml / 0.5 fl.oz: $32
Key Ingredients: 2% Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Witch Hazel, Lavender Essence, Hyaluronic Acid, Willow Herb, Kola Nut, Chamomile, Apple Extract, Licorice Extract, Vitamins A And E, Green Tea Extract
What I Love About It:
- Relieves redness, irritation and inflammation
- Eliminates excess oils, cleans pores and fights bacteria
- Lightens appearance of acne-induced scarring and hyperpigmentation
- 2% salicylic acid helps clear breakouts instantly and prevent future blemishes
- Doesn't strip skin of moisture-this is impressive considering the salicylic acid!
What it is: A revolutionary, clinically-proven treatment for all skin types that combines the exfoliating expertise of Glycolic Acid with proven sunscreen. 30 ml / 1 fl.oz: $130
Key Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Green Tea Extract, Willow Herb, Licorice Extracts, Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Seed Wax, Plankton Extracts
What I Love About It:
- Ease irritation and reduce redness
- Enhances skin's immune function
- Improves the most visible signs of aging
- Protects moisture barrier and boosting elasticity
- Helps retexturize and brighten with a 10% dose of glycolic acid
- SPF 30 to safeguard from UVA, UVB and free radical damage
- Sugar Cane and Maize help smooth, soften and prevent dehydration
I can't say enough about how well my skin responds to this line. I like that the key ingredients are familiar and gentle without drying my skin out to the sandpaper feel I've experienced with other products, too.
Check It Out!
Interested in trying DCL skincare for yourself or as a holiday gift? Browse their line here. You can also connect with DCL on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclaimer: As always, our posts are our own honest opinions and may differ from yours.