My husband and I love creating menus for our holiday parties. I think Christmas may be our favorite and most creative party of the year, especially the cocktail menu. As a general rule, we like to offer five to six different holiday-themed drinks for guests to choose from. We even create card labels to place in front of each drink for a little table flare. If you're looking for some new ideas for your own celebration, check out our drinks for 2014 below!
Rule number one of a good holiday party, you've gotta have a delicious red wine! The Joseph Carr Cabernet Sauvignon is dry and full-bodied. We actually tried this Cab when we were California not too long ago and really liked it. It has dark fruit notes and an mild oak finish. My husband picks up a bit of mocha in it as well. I know this will be a win with our guests. Grab a few bottles and use it in two ways-served by the glass and as a muled wine!
Christmas in a Glass
Christmas in a Glass
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Joseph Carr Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
Barone FINI Pinot Grigio
A quality white wine is a must for any party. My favorite white wine is Pinot Grigio and it's an easy way to please everyone because it really meets most tastes in the middle. If you enjoy a crisp wine with subtle fruitiness and a finish that stays with you, you'll be really happy with the Barone Fini. It's smooth enough that it makes a great choice on it's own. We also like it in our Merry Margarita!
Berry Merry Margarita
- 2 oz. Barone Fini Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 3 oz. sour mix
- 1 strawberry garnish
- pink rimming salt
- Pour Barone Fini, tequila, lime juice and sour mix in a shaker and mix well.
- Rim glass in pink rimming salt.
- Fill glass with ice and pour shaker mixture over ice.
- Add strawberry garnish. Serve and enjoy!
Offering a low calorie cocktail is always appreciated by those who are watching their weight. Eppa SupraFruta Sangria is a great choice for a healthier drink option because it's organic, low-cal and loaded with antioxidants like pomegranate, blueberry, blood orange, and acai berry. Think light bodied, crisp and fruity.We decided to use this wine to make our first drink-Skinny Santa Sangria!
Skinny Santa Sangria
- one bottle of Eppa SupraFruta Red Sangria
- 2-3 apples, chopped
- 2-3 oranges, sliced thin
- 1 carton of blueberries
- In a large pitcher, simply pour in the Eppa SupraFruta Red Sangria.
- Toss in apples, oranges and blueberries.
- Chill, serve and enjoy!
Yellow Tail Pink Moscato
Pink, fizzy, sweet...it's such an easy pick for a holiday celebration! Between the price point of this wine and the sherbert flavor notes and crisp finish, I imagine we're going to go through this fairly quickly. We immediately knew this was going to be our punch wine this year. The color and the taste lend themselves really well to our Mistletoe Mascato Punch. Check out the recipe for yourself!
Mistletoe Mascato Punch
- 1 Bottle of Yellow Tail Pink Moscato Wine
- 1 Cup of Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Cranberry Juice
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Sliced Lemon
- Add ingredients together and chill in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
We were excited to find out that Yellow Tail offers sparkling wine! We hadn't had this before, so a taste test was necessary. For those of you that like fruity wines, you'll be on board with this one. It's got a crisp strawberry and raspberry fruit taste with a light crisp finish, perfect for our Raspberry Rudolph drink this year! Give it a try...
- Yellow Tail Red Moscato Bubbles
- crème de cassis
- fresh carton of raspberries
- Soak raspberries in crème de cassis for 1 hour.
- Fill Champagne flutes with chilled Yellow Tail Red Moscato Bubbles.
- Add 2-4 raspberries to each flute. Serve and enjoy!
Yellow Tail Moscato Bubbles White Wine
This sparkling white wine is really crisp with a really flavorful citrus taste and a fruity aroma. It's a fun choice for a party wine, and we've decided to make it even more fun with a little Martha Stewart-inspired twist.
- Yellow Tail Moscato Bubbles White Wine
- cranberry syrup
- 2 tablespoons dry cranberries
- small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Put cranberries in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of warm water. Soak for about 10-15 minutes, until cool.
- Drain cranberries and pat dry. Place in refrigerator.
- Add 1/2 to 1 tsp of cranberry syrup to each glass, to taste.
- Add 2-3 cranberries to each glass.
- Pour the chilled Yellow Tail Bubbles White Wine into glasses.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig.